Transformations Adult and Geriatric Psychiatry, P.C., in South Abington Township, Pennsylvania, employs Geriatric Psychiatrist Ashok Bharucha, MD, MA. Expert in dementia and late-life disorders, Dr. Barucha uses a combination of pharmacology (psychoactive medications) and psychotherapy to help patients achieve their desired outcomes. He is also well-versed in conditions at the intersection of neurology, medicine, and psychiatry (talk therapy).
At Transformations Adult and Geriatric Psychiatry, Dr. Barucha aims to build collaborative therapeutic relationships with each patient, one that not only enhances their sense of well-being, but also furthers their aspirations for achieving full potential. His range of offerings includes:
- Psychiatry for the elderly
- psychiatry for adults (for patients 18 and older)
- Pharmacology of the mind (medication management)
- Consultation with a psychiatrist
Ashok Bharucha, MD, MA, provides one-on-one care for patients coping with a wide range of conditions, including:
- Disorders of anxiety
- Bipolar and other mental health issues
- Suicidal thoughts and feelings
- Insomnia and compulsion are symptoms of OCD.
- Schizophrenia and related conditions
- Disorders associated with trauma and stress
- Insomnia and other forms of insomnia
- ADD/ADHD, if it can be diagnosed through cognitive testing.
- Medical and psychiatric disorders
- aging-related mental health issues
- Alzheimer's and other neurocognitive disorders
More than 30 years of experience in the field of psychiatric medicine, including ten years of experience in geriatric psychiatric medicine, is Ashok Bharucha's background.